Picture this – you’ve got your Instagram ready Fourth of July outfit, enough fireworks to light up your entire neighborhood (or at least your block), and enough food to feed all your friends and family for the entire holiday week. It never fails that it’s the night before your big party and you’re feeling like you should be featured on the next Home & Garden magazine article. There’s only one problem, you’ve worried so much about the guest list, sparklers, and your adorable outfit, that you left out some important details for your big event. No one will notice that you don’t have any decorations or activities, right? Well, you’re in luck because here at Gabi Events, we’ve got you covered with five last minute ideas to make your Fourth of July party one to remember!
- Bandana Banner – One thing that you cannot deny is this season’s hottest trend, all things bandanas. From wearing them around your neck to tied in your hair, this trend is here to stay and we are all about it! A quick and creative way to add some patriotic flare to your outdoor party, is to tie a string of red, white, and blue bandanas together to create the perfect banner!
- Tie Dye T-Shirts – Need an activity to keep the kids busy and keep you (somewhat) sane as you prepare for your party? Grab some inexpensive white cotton fabric shirts and some patriotic tie-dye to create the perfect do-it-yourself Fourth of July outfit! Can you say, matching family t-shirts? It will be just like you’re at Disneyland.
- Star Spangled Sangria – Try saying that three times fast. Need to make a quick refreshing drink to keep your guests cool and in good spirits? All you need is 2 bottles of white wine, 1 cup of triple sec, 1/2 cup of berry flavored vodka, 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice, & 1/2 cup of simple syrup in a large mason jar or pitcher. Add strawberries, blueberries, and pineapples – stir, chill, & enjoy! To make it even more festive, cut the fruit into star shapes to add some extra cuteness points!
- Party on Wheels – What’s better than a classic bike ride to your neighborhood parade or a trip around the block pulling your festive wagon? Invite your guests to bring their decked out wheels to your party for a contest unlike any other. Accessorize your bike or wagon with pom poms, flags, paper flowers, pinwheels…don’t be afraid to get a little crazy with that dollar section at Target! Be ready to award your “most patriotic” wheels by the end of the night! No matter what, your guests will all be rolling out in style.
- Independence Day Snow Cones – Summertime means barbecues, festivals, lake days, pool parties, and the ever so important snow cones. We take snow cones seriously here at Gabi Events (as everyone should)! This is a kid and adult party favorite! Go to your local rental store and rent a snow cone machine with fun flavors for all!
With these five go-to ideas, you will be all set to celebrate the fourth in style! As much fun as the barbecues, parades, and fireworks are, above all else, please remember to display your American flag with pride and remember those who have and continue to fight for our freedom.
Photo by Nick Torontali